Walking the Boundaries offers 80 probing, surprising, challenging—even confronting—questions that reflect the ambiguities and complexities of professional practice. Designed by social workers for all human service practitioners, Walking the Boundaries can be used to:
• Reflect on practice, values and ethical dilemmas
• Explore the impacts of context and organisational culture on decision-making
• Open discussions about risk, confidentiality and privacy
• Develop strategies for managing uncertainty and staying safe
• Stimulate forthright, fun, unpredictable and revealing conversations with colleagues, supervisors, teams and new professionals!
Walking the Boundaries is not just about ‘doing no harm’ to clients, examining codes of conduct, or protecting practitioners from liability or litigation. This powerful, provocative set of cards is designed to help build the skills, knowledge, self-awareness and professional transparency that lie at the heart of respectful practice.
Includes: 80 full-colour laminated cards (105 x 120mm), 68-page booklet of suggested activities, and polypropylene box.